Monday, November 8, 2010

Things You Don't Know About S.J. Rozan

SinC: What are your favorite shoes?

SJR: A semi-hightop semi-sneaker called the Soho Walker by Propet. They don't make them anymore but I buy them up on cheap shoe sites whenever they pop up.

SinC: Is there anything you'd never leave home without?

SJR: My keys. Because I've done it, and it involves climbing out the window of the nice people upstairs and down the fire escape... It ain't pretty.

SinC: What do you wish you had more time for?

SJR: Reading.

SinC: Is there anyone from the past you would like to talk to for just 15 minutes?

SJR: My past? Or our communal past? From my past, that guy I dated freshman year. I'd like to give him a 15-minute piece of my mind. From our communal past, Genghis Khan.

SinC: What word do you absolutely hate?

SJR: Not a word, a phrase: "No problem." As in, "Thanks for doing that for me." "No problem." The implication is, if it HAD been a problem, the doer might not have been so generous about it.

SinC: Do you dream in color or black and white?

SJR: Color. And Surround-Sound, too.

SinC: If the F.B.I. had to give you a new identity, what name would you choose?

SJR: Jane O'Brian. Every non-Irish New Yorker secretly wants to try it.

SinC: Favorite food?

SJR: Bread and cheese.

SinC: Favorite drink?

SJR: Bourbon. Or dark beer, if it needs to go with the bread and cheese.

SinC: Most embarrassing moment?

SJR: Are you kidding? This is the internet. No way.

SinC: First job?

SJR: Babysitting. I was damn good, too.

SinC: Worst job?

SJR: Babysitting. No, I just had to say it. I guess really, it would be when I was a janitor in grad school. But we sure had fun. Me and Kolawole Ajibola, from Nigeria, on the night shift.

SinC: Favorite dessert?

SJR: Gelato.

SinC: If you weren't a published author, what would you be?

SJR: Well, the truth is I'd still be an architect. But that's not what you're getting at. What I'd like to be is someone's gardener. I'd worry about the plants all day and live in the gatehouse.

SinC: If you could be one of your characters, who would it be and why?

SJR: Lydia Chin. Because she's young, and she's tough (no matter what she says) and because her family's there for her (no matter what they say).


S.J. Rozan is the award-winning author of 12 novels, including the mystery series featuring private investigators Lydia Chin and Bill Smith. Her most recent work, “On the Line,” finds Bill in a high-stakes chase to locate the kidnapped Lydia. You can find more things you don’t know about S.J. at www.sjrozan.com.


Photo courtesy of S.J. Rozan.


6 comments:

JP - The Mistress of Corgi Manor said...

LOve, love, love this Q&A! I confess I have not read S.J. Rozan yet. But I will definitely get a couple of her books today.

Vicki Lane said...

Love this, love SJ and her books!

kourtneyheintz said...

What a fun Q&A! I haven't read SJ Rozan but now I will definitely check out her books. :)

E. B. Davis said...

Twelve novels and I am not familiar with her work. I'm ashamed of myself. Yes, I'll look her up on her website.

PS-I'm a Teva fan myself, although the style I like is hard to find and I too go to Internet shoe sites to find them.

NancyM said...

Living in a gatehouse. Yes, that's worth aspiring to. Sounds so lovely, doesn't it?

Christine Ashworth said...

Awesome! Thanks!