Monday, November 22, 2010

Things You Don't Know About Elaine Viets


SinC: Are you superstitious? If so, what would you absolutely not do? (Put a hat on the bed? Put your shoes on the table? Have a bird in your house? Walk under a ladder?) If you’re not superstitious, why not?

EV: I will never talk about something while it's in the works. That's partly caution, but I am sure talking about it will kill it. I worry about jinxes. I also believe deaths come in threes, but maybe that's because I count three and then stop.

SinC: Who’s your favorite Beatle?

EV: Paul. I like that he keeps on going. No, George -- he knew how to live. Wait -- Ringo, the Beatle who keeps on trying. John, well, he was a dope about Yoko, but I liked his music. What the heck, I like them all, living and dead.

SinC: Do you have a guilty pleasure TV show? (Did you watch “Dallas” or “Dynasty”? The soaps? “Real Housewives”? “Jerry Springer”?)

EV: "Cheaters" -- I watch this show with horror while the smug host slyly leads broken-hearted people into attacking their former lovers.

SinC: If you could have anyone over for dinner, who would that be? Why? (You don’t have to cook.)

EV: Good, I hate cooking. I'd invite Barack Obama. How does he survive the pressure and the hatred?

SinC: What’s your biggest fault?

EV: I work too hard.


Award-winning author Elaine Viets writes two best-selling mystery series – the Dead-End Job series (“wry social commentary,” according to Publishers Weekly) and the Josie Marcus mystery shopper series set in St. Louis, Elaine’s hometown. Her most recent offerings include Half-Price Homicide, the ninth title in the Dead-End Job series, and An Uplifting Murder, the sixth title in the Josie Marcus series. You can find more things you don’t know about Elaine at www.elaineviets.com.


Photo courtesy of Elaine Viets.

1 comment:

G.M. Malliet said...

Like you, I can't talk a work in progress. Not sure that's superstition or wisdom!

Have a great holiday, Elaine!