Saturday, December 25, 2010

What are you doing today?

Thanks for taking a look at the SinC blog today! We know it's a holiday for many of you and that you have countless things -- and people -- in need of your time and attention.

What are your plans today? Are you partying, eating, reading, writing, going to a movie, visiting friends, visiting family -- or hiding from family members? How are you spending the day?

Where does your love of mysteries and crime fiction fit into the mix? Or are you on a break from all things mysterious?

Safe travels to everyone in the path of winter storms!

2 comments:

Msmstry said...

OK, I didn't read this on Christmas Day, but I'll answer anyway.

We had a lovely gathering for an early afternoon Christmas. Our daughter and four friends joined us. Since we all overindulged, I felt no obligation to offer supper. I sat in my favorite club chair, propped my feet on the hassock in front of the fire, and finished reading the delightful mystery by Michael Robertson, THE BROTHERS OF BAKER STREET.

Earlier in the week, I visited indie Quail Ridge Books and Music (www.quailridgebooks.com/) in Raleigh and bought a huge stack of books for gifts. (Most of my mysteries are sent directly by the publishers.)

One of my guests brought me a "Crime Scene—Do Not Cross" scarf purchased at another indie, McIntyre's Fine Books and Bookends (www.fearrington.com/village/mcintyres.asp) in Fearrington Village.

McIntyre's also hosts one of my favorite Christmas traditions every December, North Carolina Storyteller Donald Davis.

Just before midnight Christmas night, we began seeing snowflakes. We awoke Sunday morning to the first white (snowy) Christmas in this area since 1947!

Margy Rydzynski said...

Actually, I've been spending the holiday writing. I'm self-employed and things really slow down in late December. I won't start getting busy again until the first week in January. Until then, I'm writing!