Please take a moment this weekend to make sure that you’ve paid your Sisters in Crime dues for 2011.
A two-tier dues structure is now in place; members may register in either the Professional or Active membership category.
A Professional member may be one of the following: an author pursuing a career in mystery writing, a bookseller, a publisher, a librarian, an editor or any individual with a business interest in promoting the goals and purposes of Sisters in Crime, Inc. The annual dues for Professional members: $40.
An Active member may be a fan, a reader or any member who does not have a business interest in promoting the goals and purposes of Sisters in Crime, Inc. The annual dues for Active members: $35.
Both membership categories have access to a range of membership benefits, such as:
- Local and Internet-based chapters (including an Internet chapter for members of all interests and a chapter that provides support and critique group options for unpublished members)
- A national members-only listserv that offers an ongoing online conversation – and special guests for “Ask the Experts” sessions on “Mentor Mondays”
- SinCLinks, a monthly digest of industry news from a range of sources
- The inSinC Quarterly, the Sisters in Crime news bulletin
- Access to the annual SinC Publishers’ Summit Reports
- An author-finder listing at www.sistersincrime.org
- Access to the SinC book club database
- Reports from the on-going SinC review monitoring project that watches media coverage to quantify the coverage of authors by gender
- Advance members-only access to SinC-published books on writing and other professional development topics, including Breaking and Entering: The Road to Success and Shameless Promotion for Brazen Hussies.
- Grants for special events
- Special conference programs/member discounts
- Networking and mentoring opportunities -- and fun
We hope you’ll continue your journey in the world of mystery and crime fiction as a member of Sisters in Crime.