Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Malice Domestic, the con for the criminally genteel, begins in a few days. I'm always excited when it's time for this convention, especially so this year which is its 20th anniversary. I have no doubt the Malice organizers have many extra surprises for attendees to enjoy this special celebration. Foremost, their line-up of honored guests, Charlaine Harris, Peter Lovesey, Lindsay Davis, and Toastmaster Daniel Stashower is what has everyone talking. It's going to be great hearing them throughout the weekend.

Amidst all the fun, your Sisters In Crime board will be taking care of business, too. We'll have a board meeting, and Roberta and Judy have organized a terrific get-together on Friday for members to talk about what works in their local chapters. See Judy's blog below for details.

I'm hoping to talk with many Sisters and Brothers over the weekend. It's great to put faces to names that I know from our SinC e-list and to visit with old friends. I'm particularly interested in learning of new publications that review mysteries to add to those we now check in our Review Monitoring Project. We check local and national newspapers and magazines, so if you can recommend one you subscribe to or regularly read off the newstand, please see me at Malice or send me an email me at marysaums@hotmail.com.

Best-Mary Saums
Review Monitoring Profect Coordinator

No comments: